BGC Peel utilizes a respectful, inclusive and engaging approach to serving the community. Programs are developed to support children, youth and families in high need, low income communities across Peel Region. Services build confidence, self esteem and empower individuals to achieve their goals.
Important Program Note: In order for your child to attend any program they MUST meet the age requirement and expectation of the program they are attending as of the 1st day of program.
The goal of these programs is to nurture members into well-rounded individuals with a wealth of experiences and life skills.
- Healthy active living is promoted through movement, participation and sportsmanship.
- Healthy food choices are supported through education, activities and healthy snacks
- Games and activity-based workshops encourage discussion and learning about a range of topics including self-esteem, decision-making, conflict resolution and cooperation with other
- Children and youth are educated about substance use, internet safety, bullying, gender bias, violence prevention and other issues
The goal of this program is to create an environment that is conducive to learning, as well as to give members an opportunity to seek help or clarification with their assignments from BGC Peel staff/volunteers.
- Students have access to computers, homework sheets, books and school supplies
- Staff and volunteers provide fun, academic activities to assist in learning
- Youth have an opportunity to apply for academic scholarships through the BGC Canada
Through our youth leadership programs, teens have the opportunity to be leaders in their community through social action initiatives and other civic-focused programs. Youth have the opportunity to make friends and engage with other youth locally, provincially and nationally through our various workshops and conferences.
- Facilitation of group activities
- Public speaking engagements
- Planning and coordinating events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Civic engagement
In two local neighbourhoods in Brampton, BGC Peel offers a program that supports family members, strengthens the relationship between parents and children, improves physical literary and better connects residents to their communities
- Parenting workshops, physical literacy activities, support groups and information regarding available resources are provided
- A community engagement approach ensures that services respond to resident needs.
Working closely with the Indigenous community in providing specific and culturally appropriate programming for First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) children, youth, families and the broader community. Our Indigenous programs provide hands-on cultural experiences, elder involvement, health and wellness activities, traditional arts programs and youth mentorship.
BGC Peel is committed to supporting youth employment through the following opportunities: · Employment readiness workshops including resume writing and interview skills
- Employment opportunities within the agency as program leaders in our after-school and summer programs
BGC Peel summer camps operate in the months of July and August in select locations across the region, please contact us to find the site closest to you. Children and youth have the opportunity to be at their most creative and participate in a variety of fun activities that include fun water days where they get to go to local splash pads and swimming days, trips to attractions in the region, sports for every child’s interest, weird and sensational experiments and theme days that they will talk about all summer long